Here is a list of some things I plan/hope to read over the next few months, now that classes are over:
- David Carr, The Night of the Gun. Watched “Page One: Inside the New York Times” (documentary) in my Politics & Mass Media class this semester, just after Carr died in February. By all accounts an amazing writer and person.
- Julie Schumacher, Dear Committee. Lent to me by my colleague, @thethingofitis. Looks hilarious.
- Howard Epstein, Rise Again. MLA’s account of the NS NDP government (2009-13)! he will be reading at Box of Delights in Wolfville in May.
- John Meyer, Engaging the Everyday. Meyer workshopped a part of this when he was visiting at Acadia Fall 2013.
- Shellenberger & Nordhaus, Ecomodernist Manifesto. The kind of thing I should read. The nice thing about manifestos is that they are short.
- Naomi Klein, This Changes Everything. No, I haven’t read it yet. Unless reading about a dozen reviews of it counts.
- Matthew Gandy, The Fabric of Space: Water, Modernity, and the Urban Imagination.